With everything going on around the world with the Covid-19 virus, I can’t seem to escape it. Every news article, email, and television commercial seems to be about the pandemic. So let’s get the quick update out of the way: In Spain we have been in full quarantine with Marshall Law for two weeks, which means I haven’t left the house in two weeks. I did have the privilege of being interviewed by Bilal, creator of the Words and Bridges podcast. IIf you are interested in hearing about the Coronavirus situation in Spain, click here to listen.
Now that that is over, I wanted to write a post NOT about Coronavirus to spread some positivity. This is going to be an interactive one. I am going to share 5 things that I am grateful for this week and I would like you to do the same. Feel free to share this post on social media to spread some positivity on your news feed.
This week I am grateful for:
- Social Media: No, not Instagram and Twitter…These past two weeks, I have limited my screen time and greatly reduced the amount of time that I spend on Facebook and Instagram. So what I am grateful for are the applications that connect me with my family and friends. My entire family has a group chat on Marco Polo, an app that connects us by video. It is more personal than a normal group chat and everyone can participate, even Granny and the babies! I am grateful to be able to talk to my family and watch my younger cousins grow up from afar!
- Tea: One of my new favorite pastimes is drinking a tea while staring out of the window. It sounds depressing, but I promise it is not. It is like my designated reflection time and it reminds me to slow down and helps me to refocus my thoughts.
- Family: Although I am always grateful for my family, these past couple of weeks have been some difficult ones for me and my family has been my rock. They are my support system and I thank God for them every single day.
- Amazon Prime: WOWOW. Because we can’t leave the house, shopping is not an option for us. Just as this quarantine hit, I ran out of hair products and Amazon Prime came to the rescue. Anything that you may need that you are not able to purchase in person, they bring straight to your house and it is a godsend.
- Coloring books: Another way that I spend time and relax is by coloring mandalas and other geometrical shapes. I have 50 colored markers and I could spend hours coloring. It is a great way to help clear your mind and relax.
Okay, these are my 5 for this week. Now it is your turn! You can comment on this post, or on my Instagram or Facebook with 5 things that you are grateful for this week. I want to know!