Can you believe that we are half-way through 2020?!?
Time flies when you’re locked in the house! All jokes aside, this first half of the year has been absolutely insane! I have learned more about myself since January than I have in years.
This post is just a simple life update. I will be letting you know what I have been up to and how I plan to proceed.
For those of you who did not know, I came to visit my boyfriend for the weekend, got stuck, and ended up spending all four months of quarantine with him and his family. I had 2 pairs of pants, and 3 shirts. Looking in hindsight, it is kind of funny, but I did not think so back then.
We spent three months completely enclosed in the house without being able to leave at all. This last month, we were able to go out on walks, to exercise, and run errands. Yesterday, we finally reached the final phase in which we can return to “normal” life.
Here are just some of the things that happened during quarantine:
- Lost my long-term job of two years (but it is okay, because I was ready to go)
- Was only jobless for 24 hours
- Got a new job working for a Black-owned company in Spain that aligned with all of my values and I could not be happier.
- Built deeper relationships with my loved ones.
- Danced more zumba than I ever have in my life.
- Learned how to drive a stick shift (I am still not good at it)
- Started learning French, because why not?
- Deleted my social media because… too much.
- Finished my Masters degree
- Applied for a second Masters degree
Although I feel like I have not done much, when I look back on the times, I have been quite productive. These past six months have allowed me to examine myself and decide whether or not I was living the life that I desired. I realized that I was not. I learned to listen to myself. To allow myself to feel. To listen to your gut. Not to hesitate in doing good. To take break when I need it. To protect my energy. To surround myself with people who build me up. I learned to be a better me.
As I close this crazy chapter of the first half of 2020, I am going into the second half ready for action. I am ready to learn new things, to advance professionally and personally, to be a better steward of my resources, to be a better friend, and to find joy in the little things.
I want to know, what plans do YOU have for the second half of 2020?